Magento is a leading eCommerce platform, helping millions of online retailers generate higher revenue. It can be used for businesses in all shapes and sizes. On Magento, you do not need to be worried even if you are just a new kid on the block. The platform offers complete scalability and offers optimal performance for all types of business websites.
There are two versions of Magento: Enterprise and Community, the latter being free while the former comes at a price. There are numerous tweaks and modifications that you can do both on the frontend and the backend of the platform to optimize marketing and analytical techniques to improve your administration options. It offers several features for improving the shopping experience of your customers.
Here are some of the main aspects that you need to know before you get onto the platform:
Available for everyone
– With the help of Magento, anyone can open an eCommerce store as it is an open source platform. This means that anyone out there can modify or update the customizable features on the platform owing to the complete access that has been provided for the users.
– It will help you to set-up and maintain the website very easily. However, if you need to hire a developer to build your website, Magento can help you to run estimates to see if the cost of a developer is cheaper over time as compared to the cost of a hosted eCommerce solution.
– Magento is the best solution as compared to other eCommerce platforms, owing to the fact that it has all the necessary resources that can help you get started on the platform and create your own website.
– The platform houses numerous resources like blogs, forums, customer support teams etc., to answer questions and provide all kinds of services for customers and developers.
– Stay up to date with the latest features in technology as well as security. Magento keeps updating its existing features and also adds new features, modules and security applications, thereby keeping the playing field constantly versatile and exciting.
– Magento will help you get more attention from potential customers by ensuring circumstances that guarantee high performance as well as tailored solutions for your customers
– It is very important to understand that the speed of your website can easily affect the rank of your page in Google search results. Moreover, a slow website can adversely impact the user experience. Today, if a page takes long to load or fails to perform to the user’s expectations, it will certainly face the wrath of low traffic and considerably lower conversions. In order to ensure that a business website does not have to go through this, Magento constantly updates the features on the platform, thereby providing businesses with the required solutions and the necessary parameters for taking care of problems.
– Magento can help you use other tools, databases, extensions or custom modules. It has a great third party interface which can help you in faster development of your eCommerce site as compared to other websites.
– You can explore various databases, search engines, applications, shipping methods, and even payment gateways, with the help of various third-party integrations that can be used very easily with Magento.
– Owing to the considerable freedom that you have on the website, you can personally introduce your own database onto the platform, including elements such as external payment sources as well as new shipping methods.
Search Engine Optimization
– You would certainly want your page to be on the top of the list of search results. Well with Magento, it just gets easier. Magento is search engine friendly and has inbuilt structures and checks which are essentially designed to optimize your web content.
– It comes with a bucket full of preloaded features to make adding keywords to descriptions, URLs, sitemaps, rich snippets, etc very easy and convenient.
How does it do all this? Well, each category and product has a unique HTML URL, keywords and Meta tags. This will give you a higher search engine ranking as major search engines are not able to crawl through the dynamic URL. The purpose of dynamic URLs is to create a temporary page on the basis of the dynamic navigation that is a part of the Magento platform. For instance, if you enter a product called Acer in the category “laptop”, Magento creates a dynamic page for the query, owing to which the search engine takes it as a unique page even though it does not exist in online reality.
Magento for Mobile
– Mobility is one of the hottest business characteristics in today’s world. Every retailer would certainly like to keep their customers’ convenience very high on their wish-list, which in the case of mobility is quite high. Well with Magento, building mobile compatible web sites becomes very easy. With Magento, integration of features with responsive design is much easier as compared to integration of websites through other platforms.
– By utilizing the powerful customizable features of the platform, you can make sure that your customers are able to access your website through various mediums PC, Laptop, Smart Phone or a Tablet.
“According to some major stats, it was found that Magento as a platform is being used by approximately 26 percent of all the sites which are in the top 1 million categories.”
– The amount of flexibility that Magento offers you as an eCommerce platform is unparalleled to anything you can experience on any other platforms.
– The numerous extensions, as well as the heavily customizable features on the platform, can help you literally design your own “Magento”. What we mean by this is that the degree of customizability is so high on the platform that it can allow each and every business to create its very own unique brand or experience with relative ease.
Multi-Lingual, Multi-Stores and Multi-Website
– Magento is the online platform which provides you with a single admin dashboard from where you can manage multiple ecommerce stores, in multiple languages, as well as multiple websites, with convenience and ease. This can make you feel like a supreme being controlling the workings of numerous sections of the online world through a touch a few buttons,
– The backend system in Magneto empowers webmaster to make necessary changes in catalogue items, and make required updates across multiple eCommerce sites. It will help you to track inventory, billing, product updates, customer info, and many more from a single administration panel.
– The scenery from this central point of control is beautiful, especially because it can help you integrate and manage third party interactions with the multiple websites and the stores that you manage.
– Magento can be used without the fear of having aspects like the traffic volume and quantity of content affecting the performance of the website.
– Magento can handle the change in traffic volume in your website with ease, allowing you to add features without taking the entire system completely offline during an overhaul.
Content Management System
– Magneto is the most flexible and feature-rich of all the content management systems available in the market.
So, if you want to be in total control, managing multiple e-commerce stores, tracking their growth and development, and literally changing the online landscape in order to facilitate upgrades in their functionalities and features, you know where to go. Are you up for God Mode?